Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Got the banana blues...

Today, we're going to talk about my very favorite smoothie of all time: Blueberry Banana smoothie.  It's simple, but so delicious.  I think you'll find that the flavors really compliment each other.
Begin by adding one banana (or more, depending on how many servings you want to make. One serving typically = one banana), then add the desired amount of blueberries.  I usually add about a handful.  Then you can add your yogurt, milk, and ice; feel free to add some honey for extra sweetness as well.  With this smoothie, I recommend vanilla yogurt.  Oftentimes smoothies are just as delicious with the "Original" flavored yogurt, but I really prefer vanilla flavor for this one.  It's up to you to choose which brand fits you and your price range, but Yoplait has always been the perfect fit for me.
This is the perfect breakfast smoothie treat!  I love drinking them in the summer with a bagel and strawberry cream cheese for breakfast.  Also, they are great for the picky eaters in your household.  My younger sister is the pickiest of all picky eaters; she particularly dislikes most fruits and vegetables, as macaroni and cheese is her very favorite food.  This smoothie, however, became her favorite over the summer when I made them every morning.  Soon, she was asking me to make her favorite smoothie for her!
For another delicious breakfast smoothie recipe, check out this blog.  Her smoothies look delicious, especially since she suggests adding a little extra fruit juice!!
See you next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment